200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
Turn your love for yoga into a career or simply deepen your yoga practice with 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program with Yogaashram.
Weekend & Weekday Program
Yoga Alliance Certified & Reps Certified
Weekend Batch: 24th September – 4th December, 2021
Timings: 7:00 AM – 1 PM
Days: Fridays & Saturdays
Duration: 6 hours on the weekends, 1-hour self-paced practice on the weekdays for a total of 180 contact hours. The 20 non-contact hours include 8 hours of assignment and 10 group classes.
Weekday Batch: 20th September – 9th November, 2021
Timings: 7:00 AM – 2 PM
Days: Monday- Wednesday
Duration: 7 hours on the weekdays for a total of 180 contact hours. The 20 non-contact hours 20 hours of group classes.
Sign Up to receive the Course Catalogue and Pricing Details!
Why Yoga Ashram Yoga Teacher Training?
This program is open to experienced and future Yoga teachers, Corporate individuals, Professionals in their respective fields, and all others who want to ‘deepen’ their yoga practises and individuals who want to take fuller control of their mental and physical lives.
- Classes will be from morning 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. Detailed outlines will be handed out before each class, allowing students to fully concentrate on the subjects of the day without taking notes.
- All classes will be studio classes including practice in a wide range of postural, controlled breathing and meditative techniques and required theory classes.
Request a Callback!
Please fill out the request form below to get a callback.
Teacher Training Syllabus
– Learn about Yoga philosophy, anatomy, physiology, mantra chanting, ayurvedic diet, nutrition, asanas – their benefits, and contraindications, pranayamas, meditation, yogic kriyas
– For a list of complete syllabus, refer here.
– Learn Traditional and Modern Yoga Styles
Supported by Yoga Ashram Teaching Faculty:
- Kavita Pillay
- Shashank Petwal
- Vibin Ainikkal
- Jaya Harikumar
- Harsha Varyani
- Munishwer Goswami
- Aparna Ghildiyal
Major Curriculum Topics
Beginner to advanced levels – learning, Practice and teaching methods
- Asanas (Yoga Postures – more than 100 Yoga postures will be taught, practiced, taught how to teach)
- Benefits of Asanas
- Precautions to be taken
- Pranayamas (Conscious breathing Technique – More than 15 Pranayamas will be taught, practised, taught how to teach)
- What is Prana
- What is Pranayama
- Benefits of proper breathing
- Benefits of each pranayama
- Precautions to be taken
- Meditations – Yoga nidra, Guided meditation, focused meditation, chanting meditations etc. will be taught, practised and taught how to teach
- What is Meditation
- What is Yoga Nidra
- Chakras and the subtle energy channels
- Benefits of Meditation
- Benefits of each Type of meditation
- Precautions to be taken
- Different styles and traditions of Yoga – traditional to modern will be taught, practiced and taught how to teach. The yoga styles included are – Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Sukshmavyayam (subtle Yoga), Yin yoga, etc. Introduction to Clinical Yoga and Ayurveda will be taught.
- What is the difference in each style
- Benefits of each style
- Precautions to be taken
- Special yoga sessions – pre and post-natal; sports yoga; yoga for back, knee issues, yoga of Osteoporosis, yoga for depression; yoga for menstrual & menopause
- How to take a Yoga class if these special needs people are attending your class.
Learning Outcome: Students will come away with a full and thorough, theoretical and practical knowledge of Hatha yoga Asanas, Pranayama & Meditations to use in their class. Students will know how to teach and formulate their own lessons and plans. They will also be adept at corrections and proper lesson delivery according to yogic principles.
Meditative postures, Dynamic postures, Balancing posture, Inverted poses, Twisting postures, Back-bending postures, Forward-bending postures, Relaxation postures will all cover during this course.
Taking a Class
- Planning, sequencing a yoga class.
- Yoga Class teaching techniques – voice modulations, demonstration, corrections.
- Class structure & writing class scripts.
- Teacher-student relationships
The object of this teacher training is to prepare the student to take a yoga class as soon as the teachers training session finishes. During the TTC, students will be preparing and be ready with at least 10 class scripts
Learning outcome: Students will learn to sequence the different components to a yoga class, write scripts; deliver the class clearly with right voice modulations.
- Basic Anatomy and physiology; Human body and its different system
- endocrine glands
- Skeletal & Muscular system – focus on Spine, neck, hips, knees, arms & legs.
- special focus on the muscular and skeletal system associated with the Asanas
- importance of alignment & posture
Learning Outcome: Students will know the basics of Human Anatomy and Physiology. How these can be used to correct people’s posture, they will know and be able to use the importance of alignment and posture during their teaching.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics
- Introduction to the basic principles of yoga,
- Introduction to Yoga philosophy – with focus on some major philosophical points that can be used while teaching and also for self-knowledge on why we are doing Yoga, its benefit and yoga principles can be taken off the Yoga mat and used to make our daily life better.
- Yoga concepts and history of Yoga.
- Various traditional and scientific viewpoints on Yogic way of life for healthy lifestyle.
- Different Paths of Yoga.
- Ethics to follow as a Yoga Teacher towards self, students & community.
Learning Outcome: Students will gather a comprehensive idea and understanding of yogic philosophy and lifestyle based on Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradeepika, and other ancient texts. How to use these teachings in our current contemporary conditions. How this knowledge benefits us and how to use them during our class and outside our class. Know the ethics and understand code of conduct to be followed by Yoga teachers.
Practical teaching sessions
- Practising teaching and learning how to take a yoga class
- Different aspects of taking the class;
- Attention to the special needs of the students,
- Correcting and aligning postures.
- Using the right voice modulations and tones
Learning Outcome: Practical experience of learning to take the class in front of other students and teachers – this will overcome the stage fright from new teachers and make them confident in taking yoga classes.
- Know basics of Diet and Nutrition;
- Different diet types – their advantages and disadvantages
- importance of following one diet format;
- importance of vegetarian & Ayurvedic diets
Learning Outcome: Students will have an importance of diet and nutrition and their role when in health and healthy lifestyle.
- Kriyas (cleansing techniques)
Learning Outcome: Learning about basic yogic cleansing and introduction to yogic lifestyle and traditional disciplines.
They were amazing! They have the right knowledge, the correct knowledge that you need to start as a yoga teacher in your career. - I just finished my training and I'm going out, stepping out with so much of knowledge, so much of warmth, and so much of love inside me.Deepika200-HRS Teacher Training Graduate 2020
Yoga Ashram have given me a Life! - All the teachers here are amazing and super and they made me confident, now i have confidence in myself because of just yoga. So yes! I completed my 200hrs yoga training with Yoga Ashram.Priya200-HRS Teacher Training Graduate 2020
It's not just a Training Course, it's a transformation! - I just completed the 300hrs Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Ashram, I can just highly recommend them. All the Teachers, the training, the love & care and patience they give you is amazing, very encouraging, very nurturing environment.Judit300-HRS Teacher Training Graduate 2020
All qualified 200 Hrs TTP participants will get the certificate, and the program is certified by Yoga Alliance & Reps (20 CPD points for existing Reps clients)
Rates & Cancellation Policy